Papercups is an open source live customer chat web app written in Elixir. We offer a hosted version at app.papercups.io.
We wanted to make a self-hosted version of tools like Intercom and Drift for companies that have privacy and security concerns about having customer data going to third party services. We’re starting with chat right now but we want to expand into all forms of customer communication like email campaigns and push notifications.
Stay tuned! We'll be posting a more detailed roadmap soon 🤓
- Custom chat widget - a customizable chat widget you can embed on your website to talk to your customers
- React support - embed the chat widget as a React component, or a simple HTML snippet
- React Native support (alpha) - embed the chat widget in your React Native app
- Flutter support (beta) - embed the chat widget in your Flutter app (courtesy of @aguilaair ❤️)
- Slack integration - connect with Slack, so you can view and reply to messages directly from a Slack channel
- Mattermost integration - connect with Mattermost, so you can view and reply to messages directly from a Mattermost channel
- Markdown and emoji support - use markdown and emoji to add character to your messages!
- Invite your team - send invite links to your teammates to join your account
- Conversation management - close, assign, and prioritize conversations
- Private Notes - Send private notes that you share with your team
- Built on Elixir - optimized for responsiveness, fault-tolerance, and support for realtime updates
We set up a simple page that demonstrates how Papercups works.
Try sending us a message to see what the chat experience is like!
Check out our blog for more updates and learnings
We ❤️ contributions big or small. See CONTRIBUTING.md for a guide on how to get started.
Come say hi to us on Slack! 👋